Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Course Reflection 05

I thought that all of the presentations went really well.  Naturally, there were some that I liked more than others...and some that I didn't like at all.  I think that perhaps my favorite group out of all of them was the group that created the Curtains with solar panels on the back in order to wirelessly charge a portable outlet so that we can save small bits of energy at a time.  It was a fantastic idea and I think that it was even better that they based it on actual technology, that currently exists.  Now, there were a couple of ideas that I saw and was shocked by because they were already existing products and it seems that they simply slapped on a "Coleman for the home" label.  For example, the collapse-able bowls and the lightbulb changer.  They did make some changes but it didn't seem to me like much thought or inspiration from Coleman was put into those two particular items.  Finally, I thought it was interesting that so many of the presentations didn't mimic the Coleman brand...either the existing Coleman brand or the Coleman brand they created.  I know that simplicity is key when giving a presentation so as to get your point across and to not confuse your audience, but that does not mean that black and white is necessary.  A logo or color scheme that mimics Coleman I think really helps to brand the product when one is giving a presentation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment